• slide01.jpg
  • slide02.jpg
  • slide03.jpg
  • slide04.jpg
  • slide05.jpg
  • slide06.jpg
  • slide07.jpg
  • slide08.jpg
  • slide09.jpg
  • slide10.jpg
  • slide11.jpg
  • slide12.jpeg
  • slide13.jpg
  • slide14.jpg
  • slide15.jpg
  • slide16.jpg
  • slide17.jpeg
  • slide18.jpeg

 

History of the shop


2017

Work continued and the committee produced a share prospectus to sell shares in the community shop. The purchase of the shop by the village community was made on 6th April 2017.


2016

Margaret and David were seeking to retire and some people in the village were concerned that new owners of the shop may not seek to maintain this valuable community asset. Several villagers got together and held village meetings to find out if other members of the community felt the same way.


Second Public Meeting

1998

In 1998 David and Margaret Ebdale came from The Isle of Man to buy the business from Philip and Carole Archer and enjoyed seventeen years of community life, working in the shop.



Margaret and David Ebdale

1988

Philip and Carole Archer bought the shop in this year. They had previously managed a delicatessen shop in St. Johns Wood London, but wanted their own business and so ran the shop for a full ten years before retiring and opening up the Antiques business in the former butchers shop across The Green.

 

1948 - 1988