From the shop
You can buy:
- Everyday essential food and household products
- Daily local & national newspapers & magazines which can be reserved
- Locally sourced products and brands
- Fresh bread delivered daily from our local family bakery, Woods
- Fresh milk including organic and soya
- Fresh fruit & vegetables from Scott Brothers in Witchford
- Fresh and frozen locally sourced meat from Fenstanton Butchers
- Fresh pies from Measures of Brampton
- Fresh ground flour from Houghton Mill
- Frozen fish from Graham Water
- ‘On the go’ food from the chiller including sandwiches, drinks and snacks
- Decadent ice creams
- Extensive range of beers, wine & spirits
- Cigarettes & tobacco
- Medicines & tablets
- Sweets & confectionary
- Stationery items
- …& hopefully your winning National Lottery ticket or scratch card.
You can use: Our dry cleaning and laundry service, home delivery service, our recycling service for batteries, ink cartridges and stamps.
You can enjoy: The notice board, a chat with the shop team, reviewing the village diary to find out what’s on locally and purchasing tickets for local events from the Post Office.
Coming soon: Extended range of chilled and frozen products, New services including prescription collection from local doctor’s surgeries.
From the Post Office
The Post Office is a vital village amenity which we are thrilled to have.
There is a full range of services on offer such as:
- Full Royal Mail & Parcelforce services locally, nationally and internationally:
- If you are planning to post an item please take a moment to check the Hazardous Goods list https://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/royal-mail-prohibited-and-restricted-items-jan-30-2017.pdf to make sure you are not sending any prohibited goods.
- Please check the Sizing Guide for the UK https://business.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/89/~/size-and-weight-formats-for-uk-mail and for International Services https://business.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/121/related/1 ) to ensure your item is as efficiently packaged as possible to save yourself a few pounds! Sometimes just making your parcel a tiny bit smaller can push it down a price bracket.
- RETURNS You can drop off shopping returns with prepaid Royal Mail or Parcelforce labels but NOT Collect+, UPS, Hermes or any other courier service.
- Parcels Collection:
- You can collect your local collect or Parcelforce parcels.
- Postal Redirection:
- When moving home or business you can set up a postal redirection, just pick up a form from us or download it online. By bringing in a couple of documents for proof of name and address we can set it up and your post will be redirected within 5 working days.
- Personal & Business Banking services:
- We provide basic services for most UK high street banks. Please follow this link https://www.postoffice.co.uk/branch-banking-services and select the withdraw and deposits tab for detailed information on your bank and which services you will be able to access through Post Office.
- Deposit cheques with a personalised paying in slip from a paying in book.
- Withdraw cash with a debit card from most high street banks ( ie Barclays, Natwest, Lloyds, HSBC, TSB, Nationwide, Halifax, Santander, RBS, Smile, Co-op) and for selected banks deposit cash with either a paying in slip or directly on your debit card (see link above for more information)
- Sold individually or as books, as well as selected philatelic items.
- Top Ups:
- We offer a mobile phone top up service with a card or by issuing a voucher for most UK phone providers.
- Broadband & Phone services
- Travel Insurance Policies & Travel Money Cards
- Travel money / Foreign Currency:
- We always have Euros and US Dollars on demand and also offer a pre-order service with a quick turnaround for most currencies. Your money should be available either the next day or very shortly after.
- Bill Payments:
- We can accept bill payments for most household bills. Please check your paperwork to find out if Post Office payment is accepted.
- Postal Orders:
- Are still available for a fee and payment in cash
- Pensions and Benefits:
- You can collect your pension or benefits payments (with a post office card account or any regular debit card)
- Fishing Licences
- You can securely send or received money through the Moneygram service https://www.postoffice.co.uk/moneygram-cash-transfers
- Car Tax:
- We can still process your car tax for you. Using services like this helps to keep your Post Office open so why not drop in and do it in person paying by cash,cheque,debit or credit card (for a fee) rather than dealing with the website, it will only take a minute to process!
- One4All Gift Cards:
- We sell “one4all” gift cards for all different occasions which are accepted at over 22,000 outlets nationwide.
- National Express Bus Tickets
- Amazon Collection Point
- The Health Lottery
Sign up to our email list to hear about relevant news and updates regarding your village shop.