The Management Committee of Our Shop is committed to meeting its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations in force from 25th May 2018 that has been enacted to harmonise the EU’s laws surrounding data protection and will strive to observe the law in all collection and processing of subject data and will meet any subject access request in compliance with one or more of the following conditions:-
- consent of the data subject that is freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous
- performance of any contract with the data subject relating to it
- compliance with a legal obligation
- that the vital interests of the data subject are protected
- that the data that is collected and held is needed for the performance of the tasks and services performed by Our Shop
- that the legitimate interests of the data subjects are protected
To that end the Committee has appointed a Data Protection Co-ordinator to undertake the practical role of monitoring adherence to processes and procedures, however, members of the Committee are collectively responsible to ensure Our Shop complies with the Regulations.